Sathya Sai School – Kisaju was founded by Sri Sathya Sai Baba in 2001. It is operated under the Sri Sathya Sai Education Trust – Kenya, and is a project of Sri Sathya Sai Centre – Kenya. The school is a non-profit organisation with the aim of providing free education, boarding and lodging to destitute and marginalized children and educating them with a focus on the five Human Values of Truth, Peace, Right Conduct, Love, and Non-Violence. SSEHV or Sathya Sai Eduction in Human Values is a core part of the curriculum.
Sathya Sai School – Kisaju started its operation from January 2001 with Class (Grade) 1 & 2 with 32 students. Every year one class was added and by January 2007 the School became a full-fledged Primary School with Classes (Grades) 1 to 8 and 1st batch of Class 8 students appeared for the KCPE (Kenya Certificate of Primary Education) National Exams.
The school is equipped with the following facilities:
- Four buildings for classrooms, library, administration offices, dormitories, kitchen, and staff quarters.
- Human values garden, where students assemble daily to gain human value education as well as maintain the garden which has exotic plants and flowers.
- Large grounds for sports and farming activities.
- Sai Farm – A farm maintained by the students that teaches them farming methods as well as helps the school to be self-sufficient for their vegetables and fruit requirements.
- Water tank that draws water from a borewell to supply water to the school.
- Students are taught farming, computers, carpentry, and physical education in addition to regular school lessons to teach them various skills and to be self-reliant.
- Dormitories, Full Kitchen, and Dining Hall.
The secondary school started in 2018 with Form 1 and Form 2. It features state-of-the-art facilities such as smartboards in all classrooms, modern labs, music rooms, a multipurpose auditorium, and sports facilities.